Online Learning Opportunities
Online Maths Activities
We encourage the use of online maths activities in school. This provides the children with a different platform from which to learn and develop their skills. It also allows for variation of recording work, therefore incorporating different learning styles and abilities.
Below are just some of the websites we use and we would love encourage you all to use them at home also! Why not have a go yourself!
Why should I play maths games with my child?
Children make progress best as mathematicians when they regularly repeat skills and practise them until they become embedded. This can be quite a long process sometimes, and so the use of the context of an exciting game or interesting activity can be highly motivating. In our experience, our children learn best when they are having fun and that's what games are for!
- Primary Games You'll find all sorts of maths content here, all presented as engaging games and challenges.
- Maths Zone Another collection of games and activities across the full range of curriculum content, mostly appropriate to our KS2 pupils.
- Topmarks Lots of fun games to play with children of all ages!
Drop into the den for some dynamizing Numeracy games, including Splat and Clockwise
Play the same games as we do in class. Learn all about the "Grid Method" or brush up on your fractions!
Internet-based Activities relating to Number and Place Value
- Chinese Dragon Ordering Numbers Learn to order numbers by playing this fun Chinese Dragon game!
- Underwater Counting Game Learn to count up to 10 sea creatures accurately with this fun underwater themed game!
- Give the Dog a Bone Explore the 100 square.
- Spin to Win Create the highest number to win the round.
- Eggs to Order (KS1) Ordering numbers according to place value.
- Eggs to Order (KS2) The extended version that includes decimal numbers too.
- Super Sid's Decimal Challenge Can you match the decimal numbers to create the target number?
- Ghostblasters: Operation Even Shoot down the even-numbered ghosts.
- Ghostblasters: Operation Odd Shoot down the odd-numbered ghosts.
- Splat Square Splat the numbers in different colours. Play games, look for patterns and learn your numbers to 100!
Internet-based Games relating to Times Tables Practice
- Teaching Tables A collection of little games from the Primary Games website.
- Robin Hood Doubles Learn to double numbers up to twenty.
- Multiple Wipeout Burst only the balloons that are multiples of the given table.
- Ghostblasters Unfriendly ghosts are there to be shot at!